Expressive Arts Therapy Training
Time & Location
About the Event
TWO PART TRAINING:
MAY 26TH & MAY 28TH 4:30-6:30PM MUST ATTEND BOTH TO RECEIVE CEU'S
EVENT FOR MEMBERS ONLY
- Check membership status www.cassw.net/account/my-account
- Unsure of membership status email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Register below if you are an active member
Materials needed: computer or smart phone, headphones, journals, writing utensils, paper, glue, scissors, paints, crayons, markers, pastels, colored pencils, magazines, and/or any other visuals arts materials you enjoy using.
*If you do not have materials, please do not worry, Danielle can provide modifications based on what you have available.
Power Point Lecture and Experiential Practice , Expressive Arts Therapy Part 1 (2 hours)
Purpose: This course is designed for clinicians who wish to gain an understanding of arts-based practices and begin to implement them in order to support deeper and more meaningful clinical work. No prior experience necessary.
Participants will learn:
- What Expressive Arts Therapy is and why the arts are powerful tools to aid in healing and promoting wellbeing
- How, when, and why to apply Expressive Arts interventions in your therapeutic work
- Practical ways to implement the arts as de-escalation tools
Breakdown of Session 1 May 26 4:30-6:30:
- Introduction – What is Art?
- Theoretical underpinnings and meaning-making activities
- Arts as Intervention – learn and practice interventions and ways of using arts in therapy and as de-escalation. Includes case example.
- Questions and closing
Experiential Practice, Expressive Arts Therapy Part 2 (2 hours) May 28th, 4:30-6:30
Purpose: We cannot be practitioners of the arts if we don’t know what it ’s like to experience them ourselves. Part 2 will be about working in the imaginal realm, focused on experiential work in multiple modalities. This is also intended as a space for self-care and self-exploration, should you wish to accept that invitation. All of the interventions I will lead you through are ones you can use with your clients at the individual, family, or group level. Interventions will be effective for clients of all ages and will be applicable to telehealth work.
- Through individual and group experiences, participants will deepen awareness of the healing potential of the arts by fully immersing in hands-on arts exploration. Each modality (visual arts, music, drama, dance/movement, written & spoken word) will include a discussion component.
- Participants will walk away with an intervention toolkit, having learned arts-based therapeutic interventions in each of the core modalities of Expressive Arts Therapy.