Membership Levels

CASSW Membership

Active – SSW practitioners, administrators, consultants, educators, et al. involved with schools or children’s services

Associate – Other professionals involved with schools or children’s services. Associate members may not have voting rights until they have been a member in good standing for three (3) years.

Retired/Transitional – Retired persons from the above 2 categories who wish to remain active in the organization or those who have been laid off or are unemployed at the time of their annual dues

Student – CASSW Membership is for individuals who are enrolled in a program leading to a Master’s degree or Doctorate in Social Work, and/or are working toward or hold the PPSC. The student membership is valid until June 30th of the year following graduation or completion of the program. (e.g., MSW graduation on May 2012, membership expires July 1, 2013)

SSWAA Membership

Active – Individuals who have a PPSC in School Social Work or who have an MSW and are employed by a public or private school or state education agency providing school social work services; those who meet the requirements for the position of School Social Worker and who are employed as an administrator/supervisor; or a university faculty member involved in school social work instruction or supervision.

Associate – Other professionals who work in an agency providing services to children. Associate Members do not have voting rights and cannot hold office but enjoy all other benefits of membership.

Retired/Affliate – Individuals who are otherwise eligible for an Active Membership but have retired or are unemployed. Retired/Affiliate Members have all the rights of Active Members.

Student – Individuals who are enrolled in a college level study of social work, with an interest in school social work. Students hold all the rights of Active Members, except to hold office.