South Bay/San Jose
The South Bay / San Jose Regional Chapter of CASSW has a rich history of collaboration, professional development and expertise, most recently led by William “Dick” Evans of San Jose State’s School of Social Work.
We are: a collection of child, youth and family-serving Social Workers with a commitment to collaboration and support for each other and high-quality services for our school communities.
We are multi-generational, multi-lingual, multi-ethnic and fully engaged in front-line, management and policy work on behalf of our clients in schools.
The South Bay / San Jose Regional Chapter of CASSW focuses on:
- Case consultation and real-time problem solving on behalf of students and families.
- Professional development and coaching opportunities for interns, new graduates, ASWs, LCSWs, Supervisors, new University Instructors and other student-serving positions.
- Intern recruitment and job search support.
- Developmental and child-centric approaches to understanding and intervening in behavioral challenges.
- Development of CEU and other opportunities for our membership and the community.
- Identifying additional content areas for discussion and inclusion in Social Work Education through our University partnerships.
Regional Co-Coordinator: Marian Meadows, LCSW, PPSC email@example.com
Regional Co-Coordinator: John Delgado, LCSW, PPSC firstname.lastname@example.org
Local Listserv: SBASSW (South Bay Assoc. of School Social Workers) sbassw@googlegroups.