CASSW is an organization comprised of a volunteer board of professional school social workers. We depend on income generated from membership dues to support the work of the organization. If you are a social worker currently working in a school setting, a student, or are working in the area of education and social work, please consider joining the California Association of School Social Work as a way of enhancing your professional practice. CASSW is dedicated to promoting the professional development of School Social Workers in order to enhance the educational experience of students and their families.
- To promote and interpret SSW services to school staff, school districts, State and National legislative bodies, advocacy groups and the broader community, thereby advancing the presence of SSW services and programs.
- To advocate for the increased presence of School Social Work programs, services and personnel in schools.
- To join with graduate Schools of Social Work in California offering the Pupil Personnel Services Credential (PPSC) for School Social Work and Child Welfare and Attendance to:
- work together to promote the overall health of the profession through best practices
- provide support to the preparation and career building of future School Social Workers.
- To promote collaboration and teamwork across the California Pupil Personnel Services professions – School Counselors, School Psychologists, School Social Workers and Officers of Child Welfare and Attendance – and other organizations that support and promote student support services.